.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Jamie Vardy: I saw Mignolet off his line before scoring the greatest goal of my life


Jamie Vardy scored the greatest goal of his life to maintain Leicester's incredible title challenge.

And team-mate Danny Drinkwater says the Foxes now believe they can make history by winning the Premier League.

Vardy, who opened the scoring with a superb long-range volley, said: “I don’t
think I’ve ever scored anything better than that. But a goal is a goal and more importantly it’s a win for the club.


“To be honest I’d spotted that the Liverpool goalie (Simon Mignolet) was quite far off his line so when the ball bounced up for me I decided to give it a go.”

Drinkwater, a key man in the Foxes’ title challenge insists they can complete their fairy story.
We won’t stop believing,” he said. “We’re staying grounded, but if we carry on the way we are, then why not have the belief to win it? It would go down in history surely.”


Vardy, who has been offered an £80,000-a-week new contract by Leicester, went on: “I’d like to be here for a long time.

“You’ve seen how we are. We’ll be back on the training field and looking towards Manchester City on Saturday.”

Leicester visit their title rivals Manchester City and Arsenal in their next two games and manager Claudio Ranieri shrugged off any championship talk, saying: “Our focus is on Manchester City.
I’m very, very pleased with my players. We are free of pressure. The players have a good feeling.”

“The first goal was fantastic. It was an unbelievable pass from Riyad Mahrez and it was unbelievable what Vardy did.

“He watched the ball arriving, watched the opponent and watched the keeper. He looked at the keeper out of the goal and hit it. It was unbelievable, amazing, fantastic.”






No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets