.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tyson Fury's dad nearly stopped new world heavyweight champion from Boxing

Tyson Fury with father John Fury relax in the cafe before a media workout at the Peacock Gym

Tyson Fury's dad has revealed how he tried to stop the world heavyweight champ from starting boxing.

John Fury was a bare-knuckle fighter who also had a professional career as a heavyweight when Tyson was a kid.

But he felt 'used' as a fighter and hid all his gear in the boot of his car to discourage Tyson and his younger brother Shane from taking up boxing.

I kept them in the boot of the car. I thought, ‘I’m never going to let my kids be knocked about for money and being abused for a public spectacle'.


“But they went behind my back. And you know what, what’s in a man, you can never take out.

“To be honest with you, I was very disillusioned with boxing because of what happened to me,” said John.

“I underachieved. I could have been better, but I got used.

Tyson Fury poses before the press conference

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets