.

Friday, August 5, 2016

Will Smith Blasts Donald Trump for Derogatory Comments about Women


Will Smith has taken aim at U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump for his derogatory comments towards women, insisting his remarks are completely unacceptable.

The Republican nominee has caused controversy ever since announcing his candidacy for the White House last year (Jun15), when he declared many Mexicans living in the U.S. are "rapists" and drug dealers who have only brought crime into the country.

He has continued to offend with outrageous remarks about Muslims and women, and it's his misogynistic comments which have really taken Will by surprise - particularly as the insults have repeatedly won Trump applause from his supporters.

The Independence Day star tells Australian outlet news.com.au, "For a man to be able to publicly refer to a woman as a fat pig, that makes me teary. And for people to applaud, that is absolutely f**king insanity to me."
The father-of-three was brought up to respect women and he can't believe a candidate running for the highest office in the country would say such a thing.
"My grandmother would have smacked my teeth out of my head if I had referred to a woman as a fat pig," the 47-year-old explains. "And I cannot understand how people can clap for that. It's absolutely collective insanity."
And Will makes it clear his own sons would never get away with such behaviour: "If one of my sons said that in a public place, they couldn't even live in my house anymore."
Despite Trump winning the Republican nomination for president, Smith has "faith" his fellow Americans will not to elect him as president when they head to the polls in November (16).
"For me, deep down in my heart, I believe that America won't and we can't (elect Trump)," he states, before referring again to the female criticism. "Of all the things he has said, and we could go through the laundry list, that was the one that was such an absolute illustration of a darkness of his soul. I just cannot figure out how people can clap for that."
"I have faith in America," he adds. "America has had really critical times, but the good tend to make their way to the top."

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets