.

Monday, September 14, 2015

I am pursuing my dreams.... Kunle Afolayan



Kunle Afolayan who is presently  shooting his new movie, The CEO in a recent chat with says he is not done pursuing his dream, despite the challenges he encountered with his last work October 1 which was pirated before its release date.


“I am a goal getter and I am pursuing my dreams, and that is the reason I am not relenting on what I love to do, which is producing the best films that can be watched over and over in cinemas across the globe.”

“Because I want this new movie to be a mixed country project, we will be shooting in six other countries,” he added.

Speaking on the privilege of getting financial support, he stated: “Part of the money is from the Bank of Industry (BoI). There are some loans that do not need collateral, but the conviction that you can pay back. I was able to get a N50million loan but I can tell you, that that amount can only take care of 30 percent of the total budget of the film. But I am hoping for the best.”


Afolayan is son of the late famous theater guru and film producer ''Ade Love''. He majored in Economics and started out working in a bank while doing some casual acting, before deciding to move into full-time filmmaking, after a course at the New York Film Academy.

The filmmaker has been active on the Nigerian movie scene since 2005, churning out several hits, including The Figurine: Araromire, done in Yoruba and English languages and Phone Swap which featured Nse Ikpe Etim and the legendary Chika Okpala. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets