.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Seun Kuti floats record label, unveils Juggernaut as first act

Image result for seun kuti  and juggernaut
Seun Kuti, son of late afro beat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti has joined Nige­ria’s league of record label executives. The Afro beat singer floated his record label recently and also unveiled his first act, Juggernaut (Ademilade).
Speaking during the unveiling cer­emony, the new signee said: “We are here today because I just got signed to Blackhouse Music. My profile just got upgraded from Kalakuta Records to Blackhouse Music owned by Seun Kuti. I am the first act on the platform and I just dropped my debut song and video, Obirin Asiko.
“I rap about what I see around me. My style of music is more of fusion,” Juggernaut says describing his style of music. “There is a bit of everything in my style of music. Obirin Asiko is a hip hop song. The lyrics are deep; it is about where I am coming from. I was prepped at Kalakuta Records until they felt I could stand on my own before I was given the flag and moved to Black­house Music,” Juggernaut adds

According to Juggernaut, he has already recorded three albums and describes his label boss, Seun Kuti as one looking out for raw talent: “He is enlightened and does not restrict himself. He likes what I do. Blackhouse is all about putting out there meaningful music. I have come to raise the bar in Nigerian music.”
Juggernaut, who describes himself as a musical colossus says he started out as a dancer before he started writing his own stuff, adding that the title of his yet-to-be released debut album is Juggernaut the Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets